Yogurt for Bacterial Vaginosis
If you have BV, then you’ve probably heard of a common cure-all: yogurt for bacterial vaginosis. If you’re curious as to how this treatment works, then it’s time to take a look at how BV starts – and how yogurt for bacterial vaginosis can put an end to it.
Bacterial vaginosis begins due to a bacterial imbalance within the vagina. You see, the vagina is constantly maintaining a delicate balance between good and bad bacteria, which plays a part in its pH balance. As long as the pH balance of the vagina is maintained, you’ll enjoy good reproductive health.
However, if something throws off this pH balance, this can lead bad bacteria to explode, which then causes the BV symptoms that you’re so familiar with. Additionally, a suppressed immune system can lead to bacterial vaginosis, as well as yeast infections and urinary tract infections.
Medical experts aren’t exactly sure of what can trigger an outbreak of bacterial vaginosis; however, they’ve narrowed down the list to these likely suspects:
- Commercial douches
- Having sex with a new partner or multiple partners
- Taking antibiotics (yes, even those that claim to treat bacterial vaginosis)
- And being pregnant.
All of the above change the pH balance of the vagina, which can kick-start a growth of bad bacteria, which eventually leads to bacterial vaginosis.
Yogurt for bacterial vaginosis plays a crucial role because it’s an all-natural remedy that really works. Unlike antibiotics, which can actually exacerbate bacterial vaginosis, plain yogurt is stuffed with the live cultures that can tackle bad bacteria without killing off the vagina’s good bacteria. It’s also a delicious addition to any diet, making it a win-win scenario for any BV sufferer looking for natural and effective remedies.
If you want to use yogurt for bacterial vaginosis, then follow the tips and techniques below:
- Always buy plain yogurt. Flavored yogurt is not effective in the fight against bacterial vaginosis.
- Be sure that the yogurt you purchase has live cultures in it. This will usually be marked on the label, so be sure to pay attention to what you’re purchasing.
- Once you have your yogurt purchased, you’ll have to pick one of three ways to get it into your body, which is listed below.
- You can opt to orally consume the yogurt. Eat at least 8 ounces of yogurt each day to get enough live cultures in your body to kill off your bacterial vaginosis. The processing of building up the live cultures will take some time, so you’ll need to be patient before you see your BV symptoms dissipate.
- You can soak a tampon in the yogurt and insert it into your vagina. If you’re interested in using this method, we recommend soaking a tampon in a container of plain yogurt for at least ten minutes. Once the tampon has been saturated, insert it into the vagina and leave it in for two to three hours. Try not to leave it in overnight, as you can throw off the pH balance of your vagina. Most of your BV symptoms will be alleviated with just one application; however, you can repeat this process every so often just to ensure that your bacterial vaginosis remains at bay.
- You can also opt to insert the yogurt into your vagina via your fingers or a vaginal inserter, which is available at most pharmacies. If you use this method, be sure to wear a panty liner or thin maxi pad on your underwear, as some of the yogurt will fall out. If this happens, don’t stress about it – the vaginal tissue will absorb enough of the yogurt to alleviate the worst of your bacterial vaginosis symptoms.
Now that you’ve learned all about yogurt for bacterial vaginosis, let’s take a look at another BV treatment you can use to help your yogurt remedies be even more effective.
It’s easier said than done, right?
Well, studies have shown that if you have large amounts of stress in your life, this can throw off the health of your immune system.
As previously mentioned, if your immune system is thrown off, this opens the gate for bad bacteria to form bacterial vaginosis. No matter what you need to do to alleviate the worst of your stress, do it.
If you’re not sure of how to combat your stress, try a few of these quick-fire tips and see what works for you:
- Get plenty of exercise. Yoga is great for meditation, while intense cardio gives you the “runner’s high” that means endorphins are pumping. When your endorphins are up, you feel happier and calmer. Just be sure to wear breathable cotton gym clothes so you don’t exacerbate your bacterial vaginosis symptoms!
- Indulge in a favorite hobby or activity that just makes you happy. Whether you love to paint or climb, or just enjoy curling up with a good book on a sandy beach, do the things that make you feel at peace with the world.
- Socialize face to face with your family and friends. Although today’s technology makes it easier than ever to be in touch, many studies have shown that they contribute to us feeling more isolated. If you want to improve your mood and lower your stress levels, meet up with your best friend over coffee or sit down for a traditional dinner with your family. Your mood will be boosted with all of this great socializing.
If you’re looking for more fantastic bacterial vaginosis treatments, then it’s time to get your hands on the “Instant BV Relief” program today. This innovative and highly effective program is chockfull of natural remedies for curing your bacterial vaginosis woes once and for all.
If you’re ready to get the kind of lasting relief that means business, then download “Instant BV Relief” for yourself today…
…And enjoy a BV-free tomorrow!